ΣΧΟΛΙΑ ΓΙΑ ΤΟΥΣ CAUTION 2008 Mayhem

Δημοσίευση από WindRider »

Source: http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... tion+kites

Caution Mayhem 14m

Kiteforum.com Forum Index � Kitesurfing
View previous topic :: View next topic
smoothrider
Rare Poster

PostPosted Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by smoothrider
Hi All

Anyone ridden the Mayhem 14m. What the bar pressure like. Does it have a tendency to invert like some of the earlier Cautions. What the wind range. I am currently riding a Sonic.

Thanks
Santana
Rare Poster

PostPosted Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:50 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by Santana
Haven't ridden the Mayhem yet but have flown the Answer the last two years, I ride about 175 days a year and have never had one invert yet. I've heard the Mayhem is more stable in that they'll drift down wind better when your going down the line on a wave. Can't wait to try one to see for myself.
Al147
Rare Poster

PostPosted Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:31 am Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by Al147
I've just got the Mayhem. I live in Cape Town and fly a 9. It is honestly the best Caution yet. Amazing lift and very light on the bar. I've never seen a caution invert and normally if a kite inverts it's more to do with the leading edge pressure than the kite. People don't pump the new kites hard enough. These new SLE/Bow need to be hard, real hard.

The 14's wind range is 9-25. You can check out more on www.cautionkites.com they've updated with the latest info.

I say if you like your sonic you'll love the mayhem. Find your local dealer and organise a test flight you won't be disappointed.
S.A.
Medium Poster

PostPosted Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:31 am Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by S.A.
Hey smoothie, I'm pretty sure that there has never been an "inversion" issue with any of Cautions kites, ever.

Maybe you can clarify what you call "inversion" & then someone may be able to help.
As far as I understand, "inversion" means that the kite turns inside out whilst in flight, normally brought on by sudden de power in stronger winds.

I don't know if any 14m have hit the water yet anywhere but 9m & 11m for sure & I'm sure you'll get feedback on those sizes.
Maybe someone in Santa Cruz has already got their hands on a 14?
smoothrider
Rare Poster

PostPosted Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:17 am Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by smoothrider
Thanks for the feedback so far. The Mayhem sounds like a great kite. The inversion problem only occured with one rider in this area, it would appear that it is an isolated case and he is doing something wrong. The 08 14m has got a excellent wind range, as soon as some get one please give us some feedback.
smoothrider
Rare Poster

PostPosted Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:49 am Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by smoothrider
What is the low end grunt like on the 08 Mayhem 11m? I am looking for a kite with good low end grunt to get you going. With the sonics you have to get your board speed up then they take off but this can be a problem if there is not too much wind.
S.A.
Medium Poster

PostPosted Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:41 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by S.A.
Flew the 14m Mayhem for around a hour this morning in winds starting at 16kt and pushing up to +-22kt by the end of that session (I know because a mate went out on a 9m and was powered up).

That thing is a frikken parachute. You just do not come down from jumps! As it was only my second session on the 14 (1st was in 10-15kt) I wasn’t really pushing the limit at all and I know that I can go a lot higher next time, but the most amazing thing is that this kite really just holds you up there, seemingly, forever.
A mate staying in an apartment on the beach called me & asked what kite I had & what I was doing as, while watching from the 7th floor, he couldn’t believe how long I was “hanging” in the jumps.

Anyhow, here’s the more mundane stuff:

Turning speed is pretty fast and definitely fast enough to wave ride, if that’s your thing.
The bar pressure is pretty light (lighter than the 11m I think) and the kite is just all round “very easy to fly”. There’s enough bar feedback so that you always know where the kite is and the steering is very direct and responsive.

Tracking upwind is very easy and the kite is very stable in all areas of the wind window.

I’m not a fan of light wind kiting but in the previous lighter wind session the 14m was adequate to get me going, and doing decent jumps off of the small waves, when guys 30kg lighter were on similar sizes and were similarly powered.
No-whip moves and kite loops were no problem either.

Hope that helps?
marina
Very Frequent Poster

PostPosted Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:00 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by marina
The Kiteboarder was lucky enough to get the 11m Caution Mayhem about 3 weeks ago to test. Check out the JanFeb issue of the mag which will start hitting mailboxes and shops the first two weeks of December! Can't reveal the whole report but from the three testers feedback, definitely a kite you want to check out for 2008, super stable with solid low end power.....

The Online version will be posted the first week of February.

Happy holidays everybody!

Marina
The Kiteboarder Magazine/Asnews.net podcasts
VSonic
Rare Poster

PostPosted Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:33 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by VSonic
Looks like a nice kite!

Just a bit worried that every one I have seen seems to flare quite a lot on the tips.
So as the kite powers up and depowers, the tips seem to open and close a lot more compared to other kites I have seen.
Not running the kite down here, I know Caution quality is superb, just something I have noticed.
S.A.
Medium Poster

PostPosted Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:52 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by S.A.
Hey V,

You ridden one? ? ?

Didn't think so.

Now if I were to make a subjective, opinionated comment on the V Sonic, that I have never flown (like you're doing on the Mayhem), I'd say that the guys I've seen that have changed from the '07 Sonic model are not jumping anywhere near a high as they were before (so I guess the V must not be a good jumper? But I don't go posting stuff like that in threads about the Sonics), and guys that I know that have tried the Mayhem and V Sonic back to back (only 3 or 4 guys though) have UNANIMOUSLY come back with more positive comments on the Mayhem so therefore it must be better than the V.

I could go into more detail about their specific dislikes of the V Sonic, but, then again this thread WAS about the 14m Mayhem and IT'S performance.

Mr V, if you HAVE actually flown the Mayhem (of any size!) then I apologise most profusely and retract all I've said.
If you haven't, please ask for a ride on one the next time you see one on your beach.

Oh ya, last question, ...

Are one of those guys that gets free Sonics in return for promoting and selling them on the beach?
There's of course nothing wrong with that at all, except that maybe it would explain more clearly the nature of your post.

urftech/kite
Rare Poster

PostPosted Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:14 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by surftech/kite
i have flown all except the 18......

7-very smooth for a smell kite. VERY good wave kite. a big improvment from last year.
9-my favorite kite 4 sure. very good lift and smooth all the way through the window. low bar pressure and vey stable.
11-great jumping kite. really nice. i like it better than last years 12 because it is less powerful and a lot more agile!
14-for a "bigger" kite it is remarkably fast and plenty of grunt. if you go to the caution website and click on the mayhem section they have a little video that plays. hollywood is on the 14 and killing it. pretty nice for a big kite.

i would recomend these kites for anyone. they fixed all the problems that were plagueing them before.
go to cauionkites.com for more info. (the site looks really good by the way!)

Εικόνα

Caution Kites - Greece:
WindRider
Extreme Water Sports Ctr.
Kiprion Iroon 69 Avenue,
Kato Ilioupoli 16341, Athens, Greece
Tel: (+30) 210 9954992
Fax: (+30) 210 9954899
E-mail: windrider@windrider.gr
Απάντηση