initial test day of the 16m ANSWER they sold all of there 16m stock in
two days and all of there 12m kites.

16m ANSWER Review

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2327049

12m ANSWER Review

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2326207

More and More Caution ANSWER Reviews:

“Yep got the grey,red,yellow,black one.

Had a cold hour on it after work, and the best way to describe it as C kite crossed with a sonic. Lots of pull, fast in the turns, the depower is like a C kite until you pull the depower strap in and then it's more like a sonic.”

“Today when I was walking back up the beach with the strap pulled right in and the bar all the way out it just hovered above my head with very little pull with just enough tension in the lines to fly. But with the strap all the way out there is some pull there but not as much as a C kite. There are also 3 knots above the depower strap to further adjust where the depower kicks in. When you unhook or pull the QR it completely de-powers and falls out of the sky. I think Sean Airjam will be able to explain things a bit better than me.
I had planned on messing about with these settings on the beach first but after about 2 minutes I thought f**k it I can't wait any more, I'm going to try it on the water. Can't wait until the weekend!”

“I just want to add, it was wicked.”

“Got my first session in on the 12m Answer yesterday.
Great kite - very stable, good jumps, fantastic for wave riding, good range. Wind was 16 - 20 to start with and finished 22-27 (kts) - mate was out on 10m Vegas.
Feels smooth compared to C kites - much more chilled out, hardly yanked about at all, which is great for surf. Enjoyed the wave riding on my surf board the most but think that the jumping could be awesome with a TT.
Hardly notice the bridle as there is very little of it - a big plus in my book.
No idea about re-launch as didn't need to and feel unsure about the leash, which I'm sure works fine, but would like to try it in light winds first!
Bar looks pretty much like any other bar and I think that any bar could in fact be used with the addition of a line to the top of the depower strap. The kite can either be flown with bar close for wave riding/depower or against the stopper for jumps depending on how the strap is set - at least that’s my take on it. 50cm bar seemed fine and kite turned fast - would like to try 20m lines for that immediate turning ability although had no problems in the waves at all. Bar pressure was average - about the same as my Vegas kites.
Jumps similar to C kites but doesn't need as much redirection and seemed very floaty - looking forward to exploring this some more!

Only took me about 10 mins to adjust to the kite from C kites to so very easy to use.Overall a great session and I'm well pleased with the kite. The 9m will be fantastic if its like this one.
“Yeah, been good in SA....nice an warm! Not much wind about of late just had 2 sessions on the answer so far. Have my kite rigged so lines on closest knot to the depower strap. Gonna experiment with outer knots and see what happens. Also moved bottom stopper ball up 2-3cm to stop any oversheeting for unhooking.

Reckon ito speed 12 is most comparable to a 10m spittie....wicked! for waves. Bomber construction .....gusty conditions are a thing of the past, soaks it up for a joke.
Smitty your F16 gonna be a double on this one ...she is quick in a loop.
Would kill for a Wave Session on Fistral with the Answer !!!!
Red, blk and grey ...only one in my home town an its mine..mewhahah”

“Had another good go today. The quick release works fine as did just letting go of the bar when unhooked, the kite just falls and lands on it's side ready to go. The amount of pop created is excellent, I could never seem to get my head around getting decent pop but now I can easypeasy. Jumps are impressive as is the hangtime.
Overall everything on this kite is well thought out from the PU covered depower rope to the little plastic stick things to open the non return valves on the bladders.
A+”

“Also tried a normal C kite self launch and it works just the same.”

“I have had an answer for over a month. the good Dr. is correct about the power strap. Adjustments there will allow you to set the kite up as you please. From powered to slack lines. You must also remeber that not every one can reach a 20" line comfortably.

I have found that this kite has unreal range. last week guys where on 6 and 8 meter kites and I was still very happy on a 12, not because that is all I have. I happen to have a 9 also. wave rides are great you have all the power you want and can get rid of it in a split second going down the line or off the top. There seems to be an impression of not enough depower, but I can't find this to be a character of my kite.

I was anti bow for some time and when I tried a proto-type I switched that day. would not give peter his personal kite back. the transition from c to answer is instant. I have heard many complaints about c-flat transition time at our local beaches. I am a friend of peter and pouls so you can take my 2 cents for what its worth... Later”

“What I happened to like most of all about the Answer was the bar pressure. The front lines seemed to hold most of the load so the pulleyless bar pivited the wing with relative ease.
Today I tried to set up my Shockwave bridle to be more like the Answer, it will be interesting to see how my adjustment works...if at all.”
“Me, Charlie and LMG played with the Answer for a while at Alameda the other day. This kite is very close to a C-kite! Great boosting kite, quick and fun. “

“I had a chance to fly one today at Alameda on the beach. Only one minute of flying it told me I liked that kite... solid, sweet, simple!”

“Just rode the Caution Answer yesterday. First impressions of the kite are it is awsome. Nice range and super stable in the air. Turning is quick and crisp. I think Peter has done a great job with this kite. If you get a chance ride one......”

“nyc, no problem with questions. the kites have plenty of depower. I'm 200 and 6'2" not shure of your wind conditions, but here it is usually windy or very windy not many light days. I have flown the 16 on the beach but not the water so i can't speak to the range. iwould say the 12 goes into some 14 range but that must of the range is on the high wind side. down to 6 wind was no problem ridding waves for me . I must say I was very skeptical of the range but now am a convert. 9-16 might work great for you. but here it would be 9-12.

I ride the 12 on 18 meter lines some times now. real fun wave set up. Ive never been much of a looper but find my self looping the thing often just for fun. the thing turns on a dime, and on axis. it has a simular feel to a c so riding un-hooked is no problem. hope this helps, let me know if you need more info. try one if you can..........late sorry for spelling trying to play poker and type........”

“Hello. I haven't flown the 16m yet...only the 12m. The Assaults are good kites(we do sell them in our shop), but I think there are some better ones out there right now. The Sonics, Waroos, Answers, and Flexifoil IONs are all leading the way in my opinion.... For super light winds, you could go with a 14m Sonic, 16m Waroo, 16m Answer, or 15m ION. Lots of options...all with pluses and minuses...”

“Joined: 14 Jun 2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Tryed my new answer today for the first time Laughing
Loved it!
very easy to use , super quick turns ,jumps like a c kite,smooth & powerful.
very simular to a c kite but with a bigger wind range and no gusts.
looking forward to the 9m !”

“Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

PostPosted Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:27 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by %s
Just had my third session with the Answer yesterday. It also was the third time the wind reading on ikitesurf was 12mph to 35mph. This is the kind of wind we get in Delaware this time of year. I can ride the 12 Answer in this condition and have fun. The wind range is unbelievable. The control you have with is kite is unbelievable. I am not one of the best kiters but now my jumps are getting much higher and I am progressing much quicker. When the wind was 35mph I could hold the kite high just touch my board down now and then and actually stay in the air more then on the water and still go upwind. The board I was using is the 135 Hustla. I can’t wait to get out today because the winds may finally be a little consistent. Also I should mention it seems quit often I am the only kiter staying out there and the only kiter never changing kites.”

“Daudbhai
Medium Poster

PostPosted Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:36 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by %s
Well after a week's wait my Answer 12 came in last week. With the winds blowing an average of low 20's and gusts to 30 I got my first taste of the Answer 12 meter by Caution on Friday. At first impressions of flying it static it I seemed to be perfectly matched for the conditions of this kite and is the main reason I got it for above 20's to 30's for my weight.

The kite is well constructed and has a solid frame. I pumped hard for maximum stiffness and kite response. The bridal is very simple as well as the attachement points. No problems or complaints there. The bar and swivel c-loop is a simple and effective for the kite. I thought it was a little small for a twelve but after flight and turning speed of this kite felt fine but definitely faster than a Crossbow. The reach to the bar meaning at full depower is very much the same as a C-kite standard bar set-up and I wear a seat harness most of the time but for this test used my seat harness. I was able to reach the depower/power adjustment with no problems. It was perfect for my taste and arm length which is about 60cm from my armpit to the center of my palm. The grip on the bar was fine for my hands.

First Launch: This kite climbs faster than a Crossbow, Turbo Diesel and is about the same as a GK Sonic 11m. The depowering in comparison to the Cross bow is roughly about 85% right from the factory setting. I was able to get the full depower by untieing a knot off the outside leader lines for the back lines and bringing the main flight lines down closer to me a knot setting. So basically this kite can be fine tuned to the rider's preferences and is a major benefit to the rider. The factory setting was perfect for my taste since I usually want a little more power for my weight but you have the option to fine tune it to your preferences.

Bar pressure is the main thing. Well it is significantly lighter than a Crossbow or pulley bar. The turning of this kite is faster and I had no complaints of any extra strain on my arms. It was a pleasant surprise.
Turning the kite felt very easy and it responded very much like a C-kite. Jumping in the air was also like a C-kite feel as opposed to a Crossbow where some of you may felt there was a timing issue but not with the Answer. I felt very at ease and this kite does have power and airtime even for a heavy fellow like me. I was making nice floaty jumps and was able to throw in a few spins before I landed. Nice!

Relaunch is about as easy as I expected for an experienced kiter. It was simple for me but may be a different experience for a beginner but none-the-less easier than a c-kite. In the major gusts the kite was solid in form and I was able to depower the kite. No jellyfishing at all. The guys that were riding c-kites said the conditions were gusty as hell. I didn't notice. I let a few other people try the kite out and they loved it's smooth power delivery and feel. A guy who tested just about every bow kite said it was the best he's used so far.

What I've tried for bows so far where the Crossbow, GK-Sonic, Ocean Rodeo-One, Best-Waroo and Switchblade. This felt the best for my needs.

Hope that helps in your decision but I am very happy with mine and will be placing my order for a 16 Answer today.

Daud”

“cattlebone
Rare Poster

PostPosted Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:39 pm Post subject Reply with quoteFind all posts by %s
I had a chance to fly again yesterday and i pulled the depower strap all the way in. you are right it does depower alot more. had a friggin' blast! I was able to self launch which seems to be a very difficult thing to do with the crossbow.

any pointers on how to self land the answer? i'm able to rest the wing tip on the ground, and hold the kite in this position with no pull or fear of powering up but i can't seem to get it to roll over onto the leading edge. very very close several times but i ended up getting someone to grab it. i've read to try an dstrap the bar to my board and bury the board but there is still a little pull and i do not think the board will hold it.

each time fly/ride this kite i'm growing more and more into it. i do like the c kite gruntiness. love the fast turning. amazes me that i can fly this when i'm usually on my 16.5 contra.

cheers.”

More and more reviews:
http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... tion+kites

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... tion+kites

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... s&start=10

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... a2cfad8375

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... s&start=20

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... s&start=30

Σε μιά προσπάθεια της www.WindRider.gr - xtreme watersports center σε συνεργασία με την εταιρεία αετών Caution kites - Santa Cruz California
για την προώθηση και την γνωριμία σε όλη την Ελλάδα των νέων μοντέλων flat-bow kites "ANSWER" σας προσφέρει
σε κομπλέ πακέτα τα μεγέθοι 9.0 ή 12.0 ή 16.0 στην τιμή γνωριμίας μετρητοίς των 850 ευρώ για οποιοδήποτε μέγεθος σας ταιριάζει.

Η www.WindRider.gr σας προσφέρει διευκόλυνση στον τρόπο πληρωμής 12 ΑΤΟΚΩΝ ΙΣΟΠΟΣΩΝ ΔΟΣΕΩΝ για κάθε παραγγελία σας
χωρίς καμία επιπλέον επιβάρυνση.

Η τιμή του "ANSWER" στην Γερμανία και στην Ευρώπη είναι
από €1,290.00ευρώ από το on-line shop της Caution - Germany: Ab€1,290.00 (inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand)
http://www.kiteplanet.de/GALLERY.html
http://www.kiteplanet.de/Shop/index.html

Τα Caution kites and boards θα τα βρείτε στην www.WindRider.gr
Απάντηση