Site Admin
Επικοινωνία:

Brilliant product reviews!!!

Δημοσίευση από WindRider »

Εικόνα
Εικόνα

lever
Rare Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:46 am Post subject: Caution?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats up with these kites?

Does anyone ride them??

They seem pretty heavy to me.. anyone got any good stories?
Frequent Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:43 am Post subject:

They are good kites with excellent turning speed, ok boost and hang.
They look basic up close but have proven to be very robust around here - and there are a fair few as the distributor is based here.
kitebored
Frequent Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:00 am Post subject:

designed by people with surfing in mind.

A kite that's good for surfing is also good for kiteloops and wakestyle tricks.
Petro9
Medium Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:12 am Post subject:

Great kites!
These are all around awesome kites.
I got the '05 after testing the 04. The 04 was very stable and gust proof.
The lift on these kites is great.
In all honesty, I have yet to speak anyone who is not happy with these kites.
Bear in mind that Caution kites are designed by the Santa Cruz locals, who are true kiters, and kite in extreme conditions!
Cannot wait for the season to start to try the 05.

dt
Frequent Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:54 am Post subject:

It's not "Caution?" It is "Caution!"

Ya, I'm a smart ass.

dt
lesbian horse
Medium Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:09 am Post subject:

The first kite they brought out in 02 wasn't that great. Was very easy to luff.
-andre-
Medium Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:11 pm Post subject:

i only tested and loved them!

had ordered a vegas! otherwise i would have bought the kite direktly at the beach!

if i/ll get something new it will be caut!on! 100% the right kite for my style!

greets andre
Stokes
Medium Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:44 pm Post subject:

tested my new caution this weekend and loved it. does have lift and seems very well designed. seems like a 'no nonsense',' let's get down to business' kite company. not too flashy. Like their style.
Medium Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:05 pm Post subject:

lesbian horse wrote:
The first kite they brought out in 02 wasn't that great. Was very easy to luff.

I hear that this is true but from 2003 model onwards, they have been super stable and give exceptional feedback.
Maxwell Smart
Rare Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:27 pm Post subject:

Tested my 14 Spitfire II (2005) for the last week. The kite is awesome . Is super quick, stable and are very good for wakestyle tricks. Very solid kind of fly. I tested all brands for 2005 (Slingshot, North, Wipika, etc) and this kites are better in my opinion. Also they have very nice graphics and have a different look compared to the rest of brands. They come ready for the 5 line.

The bar is good (with spinneable leash but this has no sense with a 5 line). The only thing I can say is that it not have spectron chicken loop line and leaders but this is easily replaced if you wanted.

Definitly a winner!!

bondo
Medium Poster

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:15 pm Post subject:

Maxwell Smart wrote:
Tested my 14 Spitfire II (2005) for the last week. The kite is awesome . Is super quick, stable and are very good for wakestyle tricks. Very solid kind of fly. I tested all brands for 2005 (Slingshot, North, Wipika, etc) and this kites are better in my opinion. Also they have very nice graphics and have a different look compared to the rest of brands. They come ready for the 5 line.

The bar is good (with spinneable leash but this has no sense with a 5 line). The only thing I can say is that it not have spectron chicken loop line and leaders but this is easily replaced if you wanted.

Definitly a winner!!

I'll agree with just about everything here - except for the nice graphics bit. I thought the 04 design was lairy enough - the 05 takes the cake.

MonkeyAir
Medium Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:22 am Post subject:

Three days in the last two weeks on the new Caution spitfire 16. Quicker turning, more grunt and better range than last years. Friends along side on the 04's. Back to backs from others in our group said the same of all sizes. Good going Santa Cruz.
Have FUn.
Traig
MonkeyAir.com

S.A.
Rare Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:29 am Post subject:

Ja, I've also spent about the same amount of time on the 16m S II and have to agree with you Traig.

Brilliant product.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:19 am Post subject:

bondo wrote:
Maxwell Smart wrote:

Definitly a winner!!

I'll agree with just about everything here - except for the nice graphics bit. I thought the 04 design was lairy enough - the 05 takes the cake.

You don't wana go calling these guy's graphics lairy, unless you wana get spanked....

bondo
Medium Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:41 am Post subject:

BigSmelly wrote:
You don't wana go calling these guy's graphics lairy, unless you wana get spanked....

I gathered that from the flames, skulls, bullet holes and spiderwebs on the new kites and boards. Anyway, Im sure they'll be happy as long as I keep buying their kit!

Just saw the new bar before I went out today - looks very nice with spinning leash system - anyone seen any info on it on the web yet?

RipItUp
Rare Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:51 am Post subject:

I got a chance to try out my new 14.0 Caution 05 Spitfire II a few days ago. Got to say in advance that I was not really expecting the 05's to be all that much different than the 04's; which wouldn't have been totally disappointing because I completely enjoyed my 04 quiver. Visually the outline of the 05 kites looked pretty similar to me to the 04's, although I didn't compare them side by side, but I was pleasantly surprised when I flew the new kite. The 05 Spitfire II 14.0 is faster through the wind window, turns quicker, develops very smooth power, jumps great, and it depowers even better than the 04 which is really saying something. The Caution boys did a fantastic job! I am very impressed by the improved performance of the 05 that has made an already great kite even better. I can't wait to try the rest of the quiver. If you get a chance to try one of these kites jump on it.

WANTSOME
Medium Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:59 am Post subject:

C`mon guy`s, let`s C some pic`s of these new kite`s then..

How mad do they look in the flesh..

How`s the new bar...

etc,etc..

-andre-
Medium Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:24 pm Post subject:

hi,

what about the range?

will 20 14 work fine? will keep my 9m f-one hw!

the size 18 would be nice!

greets and thx
andre

cabron
Rare Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:20 pm Post subject:

how's the low end of the new 14 compared to the 2004 14m2?

thanks

Dr.Gonzo
Medium Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:53 pm Post subject:

Maxwell Smart wrote:

Definitly a winner!!

Great to hear you think the new Spitfires are 'awesome' Max. If they are even a slight improvement on the 04 then that will certainly be the case.

I expect my 05s in a week or so

With regard to the question of Spectra c-loops and leaders I have this response from Jeff @ Caution! Sant Cruz:

"The core of the 2004 and 2005 chicken loops are white spectra cores that are over braided with nylon. The ways that we have done them for 2005 makes them even stronger."

As for the 5th, the option to simply add the system is there if you want to. I guess it is not stock fitted because you do not want a 5th line in this type of environment unless you like shredded kite... imho.
Εικόνα

Εικόνα

macca
Very Frequent Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:06 pm Post subject:

Great Pics

Can only dream of such conditions !
RipItUp
Rare Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:06 pm Post subject:

Quote:
cabron Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how's the low end of the new 14 compared to the 2004 14m2?

thanks

Quote:
andre- Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi,

what about the range?

will 20 14 work fine? will keep my 9m f-one hw!

the size 18 would be nice!

greets and thx
andre

Quote:
WANTSOME Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:59 am Post subject:

C`mon guy`s, let`s C some pic`s of these new kite`s then..

How mad do they look in the flesh..

How`s the new bar...

etc,etc..

carbon: I can't yet comment on any difference in low end between the 04 and 05 14.0 until I get more time with the kite. My initial feeling was that the 05 had a bit more grunt to it, but the wind conditions were not real consistant so bottom line is I need more time to make that evaluation.

andre': We need more information to respond to your question. What is your weight, skill level, what size board are you riding, and what wind range are you wanting to cover with the 14.0 and 20.0? For my weight (165Lbs) the 14.0 - 20.0 combo would probably take me from 8-22knots, using a larger board for that 8-10 knot range, and a regular wake style 132 above that range.

WANTSOME: I like the new kite graphics; very colorful and nice to look at in the air. The bar itself is the same as the 04 model (which was a great bar with a stainless steel ring inserted in the chicken loop hole to cut down on wear), but the chicken loop and lease setup is different from 04. There is now a metal swivel between the chicken loop and quick release, and the leash attaches just below the QR area so that the leash can spin with the bar.
cabron
Rare Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:41 pm Post subject:

RipItUp and others already having Spitfire II:

is the pump leash different from the Spitfire 2004 as to me it seems that they share the same structure?

Is this true???

And last question: compared to last years say 14m2, does the new one turn quicker and if so, how much of it comes from the shorter lines (2m)?

Thank you very much!
RipItUp
Rare Poster

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:49 am Post subject:

Quote:
cabron
Rare Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:41 pm Post subject:

RipItUp and others already having Spitfire II:

is the pump leash different from the Spitfire 2004 as to me it seems that they share the same structure?

Is this true???

And last question: compared to last years say 14m2, does the new one turn quicker and if so, how much of it comes from the shorter lines (2m)?

Thank you very much!

Cabron: I think the pump leash on the 05 is the same design as the 04 models, but I sold all of my 04's so don't have one to compare it to anymore. I don't really know what you mean by "they share the same structure".
As far as how quick the new 14.0 turns..... Shorter lines were not an issue for me, as I flew the 14.0 on the same bar and lines (30m lines) that I was flying my 04 14.0 with, so the quicker turning was all due to the 05 design and not shorter lines. I haven't yet completed setting up my new bar the way I like it so I used my old bar setup. The 05 14.0 feels like it turns more like the way the 04 12.0 did to me. I also got out for a short session today on my 05 16.0, and it feels more like the 04 14.0 in terms of turning speed. The 05 16.0 just doesn't feel like that big a kite in the air to me, but man does it generate loads of power. I am very impressed with the improved performance with these kites.
Live2KITE
Medium Poster

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:40 pm Post subject:

The 2005 kites have a number of differences from 2004, such as:

-Reduced diameter leading edge
-lighter weight
-shorter luff panel
-wider wingtips
-quicker more direct turning
-faster through the sky and faster board speed
-lighter bar pressure
-new two ply bladders in critical locations
-rescue handle
-new panel layout
-new revised bag (backpack straps)
-new graphics
-5th line attachment point
-revised bar: including 25m lines, beefed up power strap, new PVC coated center line, swiveling leash and center lines, donkey dick off spreader bar for less rider intrusion

We have been already shipping the 2005 kites and rider response has been overwhelming. I will agree with previous posts on whoever tests them they immediately love them. There hasn't been a single person who hasn't been happy! We don't get this response with all brands. This is the second year that we are working with Caution! and are very happy with the company, suppport, customer service, and product quality!

Here are a few rough pics for you guys.
Main colors yellow/red/black in different configurations.
There is also a red/blue/black version.
Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Caution stock image

Evan - Live2KITE
Dr.Gonzo
Medium Poster

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:47 pm Post subject:

its the caution santa cruz show.
Frequent Poster

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:09 pm Post subject:

I was informed yesterday that there is a free brand new 10m Spitfire heading nnw across Moreton Bay - complete. Well, the owner may want it back if you find it in exchange for a beer!! If any one finds it post the info up here so we can get it back to the person please, thanks.
Dr.Gonzo
Medium Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:52 pm Post subject:

Quote:
We have been already shipping the 2005 kites and rider response has been overwhelming. I will agree with previous posts on whoever tests them they immediately love them. There hasn't been a single person who hasn't been happy! We don't get this response with all brands. This is the second year that we are working with Caution! and are very happy with the company, suppport, customer service, and product quality!

Evan - Live2KITE

Thanks for the post Evan... We didn't have our new kites at the time so it was a nice taster... From another dealer's point of view I have to agree 100% with that last part... incredibly reliable products with awesome performance = very stoked kiters. Caution! are a great crew and spot on with support.

We have our Spitfire IIs in the UK now... no static detail pics yet but they did arrive the very same day as the big wind kicked in over here...
Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

very first rider feedback comment... ' you're gonna get your f*ckin' head blown off '

I can live with that...

Last edited by Dr.Gonzo on Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
bob10
Medium Poster

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:27 pm Post subject:

got out wiv my 6m spitty 2 today.

all i can say is awesom.not like other 6m kites which are bees on strings. was a sensible speed. jumps awesom and has hangtime to.

if the new 10 and 14 are anything like the 6m they will be awesom.

bar is similar to last years. where the carbon centre bit used to be it has this slightly thicker squidgy foam bit which is really nice. Spinning leash systme works well.
similar to the airush system but untwists the front lines as well. front line reride..

all good reeally

THE HOME OF HANACREW AND ME

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Caution stock image

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα