Απάντηση
WindRider
Site Admin
Επικοινωνία:

Angulo Style!

Δημοσίευση από WindRider »

Εικόνα

Angulo Style!

BOARDS magazine editor Bill Dawes sent us this excerpt for all PWA readers to get another flavour and viewpoint on the event as written by the mag’s team of writers, who all stood dumbfounded in the Ponta Preta dustbowl, just yards from the action.

PWA Wave World Cup Cabo Verde: Josh Angulo takes it all!
[Monday 26. of February 2007]

Josh Angulo, the local hero takes home the first trophy from the brand new tour stop Punta Preta on Sal/Cabo Verde Islands. Kick-starting the 2007 season, Sal received 32 of the most rewarded wavesailors to show off at one of the world's most superb wave spots.

Perfect eight to ten foot waves rolled through the point break, and fifteen knots of wind made for the best competition conditions the PWA has ever seen: starboard tack down the line waveriding, in hollow powerful surf.
The top pros battled it out for $35,000 and precious World Tour points.

Despite the holding period still being open until March 4, the event is closed by now: The double elimination and super session are already completed, leaving the riders free to enjoy the superb sailing all over the Island of Sal!

Making it to the finals were Australia's Jason Polakow, Maui's Kevin Pritchard, the current PWA Wave World Champion, Cabo Verde recent transplant Josh Angulo, and Brazil's Kauli Seadi.

In the outstanding conditions, the local boy, Josh Angulo, powered his way into first place. With impeccable timing from knowing the break so well, Angulo ripped to pieces every part of the wave to come up with the title.

In second is Kauli Seadi, who had won the first elimination and was laying some beautiful turns carving right in the pocket. Nevertheless, Kauli Seadi who was on a 4 squaremeter sail, went down against Angulo in the very final heat, who was going big on a 5.8 sail!

Kevin Pritchard took third place with his massive aerial attack, and Jason Polokow rounded out the top four with his power sailing arsenal.

"I am super happy to win this event. My friends and family were here to watch me take the victory. I could hear the beach cheering me on after every hit on the wave, it was really cool" says Josh Angulo.

Kevin Pritchard: "The level of sailing here was just incredible! It was cool to be part of this event with such amazing conditions. ... I was happy to get third place and it is a good start in defending my world title again this year!".

Becoming fifth after a great run up the ladders in the second elimination, Jason Polakow says: "I think I trashed 5 or 6 entire rigs on the rocks today!" Hollow waves and a horrendous shorebreak had made this competition fierce, even for the most experienced Australian.

Many beachgoers were treated to the sight of windsurfing’s highest profile names tearing the lengthy set waves apart. Rarely has the action be seen as close-up as these sandy beaches near Santa Maria allow, with world-class displays performed right under the judges and spectators noses.

Josh Angulo is certainly the man of the moment, winning his home event in Cabo Verde in fine style, which followed on from also winning the Aloha Classic in Maui at the end of last year. He is currently looking like the strongest contender to win this year’s PWA Wave World Championships, as he is certainly no slouch when it comes to the tricker conditions aswell.

In Boardseeker Issue No. 017, they asked you to vote for your favourite board graphics, and Angulo boards also come out as the winner! So we thought it would be only fitting to show you the Angulo family’s latest graphic offerings, on the 2007 Chango Wave, SuperGu is a SUPERGOOD WATER-MACHINE and Sumo freeride boards. They certainly look like they will be another standout on the water this year.

Τα σανίδια που χρησιμοποεί για να κερδίζει τους αγώνες wave ο Josh Angulo είναι τα Chango:

Εικόνα
Εικόνα
Εικόνα

http://www.windrider.gr/assets2007/josh ... 0wsurf.pdf

Video 1:
http://u-ride.net/videos/all/pwacapvert-hi.wmv

Video 2:
http://www.dailydose.de/competition/200 ... den/03.swf

Εικόνα

SuperGU is a SUPERGOOD WATER-MACHINE!
SuperGU 92 [ 247 x 60 | 92lt ]
SuperGU 102 [ 251 x 61 | 102 lt]
SuperGU 112 [ 255 x 64,5 | 112 lt]
If you could have one board that had the quick planning and ease of freeride, the high end speed of a slalom design, the all around maneuvrability of a super-x board, and yet the carve and spontanaity of a hard core wave board, what would you call it? That is the exact dilema we were faced with and so because we feel this is the best production board we have developed to date, we are proud to present the SuperGU. Were not meaning to brag, but just stating our fact and we think you'll agree that this new WorldRide is SuperGOOD.

Εικόνα

We think this board looks awesome! If you are into free-riding and looking for something a little diffferent and special then this is a must have!

We asked Angulo team rider, Josh Angulo
(World Wave Champion) how the board came about:

"In the recent years , I feel like I am coming into a very comfortable position in my windsurfing career where ease of sailing and fun has become my priority . Together with my Dad and my brother, we have come up with a board that is really nice to sail. I am very proud of what we have achieved in the SuperGu and would consider it our best work to date. Also,a quick Thanks to all you windsurfers out there . Keep up the stoke! Much Aloha, Josh"

Well there you have it from the horses mouth!

WHAT THE BROCHURE SAYS
The SuperGu is Angulo's latest and greatest to date. A board created to suit high-action ,fun windsurfing. The brainchild of Ed , Josh and recently revived Mark Angulo will be sure to knock your socks off. With awesome top end speed and control through all carving and whippy moves , this early planer will take you where only a SuperGu can.

http://www.windrider.gr/assets2007/ws%2 ... 20ad.7.pdf

THE STATS

Length Width Volume
Supergu 92 247cm 60cm 92ltr
Εικόνα

Supergu 102 251cm 62cm 102ltr
Εικόνα

Supergu 112 255cm 64.5cm 112ltr
Εικόνα

New board range conceived and developed by Josh Angulo PWA wave champion. Test reports extracts from Windsurf Mag UK:
Sumo 125 " A versatile and fun board to sail , most suited to the ambitious intermediate interested in progressing through transitions as fast as possible and even trying freestyle tricks. Can cover distance with ease a fun andi nspiring board to use."

Sumo105:" As a one only board from 7.5 down to 5.0 wave conditions, it is highly versatile. We have never as yet been presented with a concept like this that worked so well and the Sumo deserves to do well. Highly recommended. A versatile freemove board that works amazingly well, irrespective of the sea state,sailor ability or discipline.

Intermediate: buoyant enough to be forgiving,progressive, smooth and tuneable to different conditions.

Expert: Amazing versatility. Will suprise you with a performance and practicality that brings a lot of fun to less than ideal conditions.

Plug and play: Easy to sail,if not as efficient in freeride mode, yet we still recommend it!

Angulo Sumo: A multifunctional board :

Sumo 105 A multifunctional board for making full speed turns in marginal wave conditions, passing your mate, or showing off on the shoreline. A multi fin option and specially designed roocker and concave combination its a versatile board in all wind conditions.

Sumo 125 One of the smoothest boards around. A tri panel bottom shape give a 'release'feeling rarely found.Early planing center panel is complemented by two side lift panels giving it a small board feel, while having the stability,volume and ease of a larger board.

Sumo 155 A Tri panel bottom gives the feel of a smaller board with stability needed for a variety of sailing abilities and light air conditions. The balanced outline provides control at the high end and allows positive driving turns in a wide range of speeds and sea states.

Sumo Length volume width Fin weight sail size

Sumo 105 251 105lts 64cm power 24 +32cm 7.1kg 5.0-8.5

Εικόνα

Sumo 125 259 125lts 69cm 34power 7.4kg 6.0-9.5

Εικόνα

Sumo 155 265 155lts 72cm 48power 8.5kg 6.0-9.5

Εικόνα

ANGULO BOARDS: WWW.ANGULOBORDS.COM
Produced in the Angulo's factory using custom sandwich technology!!!
EZZY SAILS: WWW.EZZY.COM
http://www.ezzy.com/2006/sails/materials.cfm
EVERY sail is rigged and checked before it's shipped.
Handcrafed-Handmade construction from the Ezzy's factory.

FOR FURTHER INFO:
http://www.windrider.gr/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Εικόνα

QUALITY IS OUR STRENGTH!

Εικόνα

Για την Ελλάδα υπεύθυνος διανομής των Angulo boards και των
Ezzy Sails είναι η εταιρεία:

www.WINDRIDER.GR
Extreme Watersports Center
Λεωφόρος Κυπρίων Ηρώων 69, Κάτω Ηλιούπολη, 163 41 Αθήνα
Τηλέφωνα: 210 9954992 & 210 9914171
Fax: 210 9954899